Friday, January 14, 2011

Do you remember me?



Hey everyone! No I haven't forgot about you :) My camera wasn't working...couldn't upload pics..then they deleted...crazy week at school, so now things are fixed and we are back into business! Here are two meals I made this past week. ENJOY! Tomorrow night is girls night. This is a monthly get together with some of the best ladies I know. I will post what I am making for our potluck later on :)

COUNTRY CHICKEN MEDLEY
Country Chicken Medley is a dish that my mother has made for years! People crave it. It is not very hard to make but holds a lot of flavor. I believe she originally got the recipe from a LAND O LAKES wrapper or something? then simply added her twist. 

INGREDIENTS:

4 Chicken Breasts
2 cans of kernel corn
2 tbsp. dried basil
2 sticks of butter
4 large baking potatoes
2 cups of seasoned bread crumbs
Salt and pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS: 
PREHEAT oven to 325

1. Take 13X9 casserole dish and spray dish with cooking spray.
2. Slice potatoes in 1 inch slices...layer in the bottom of the dish.
3. Open cans of corn and top potatoes with it. Add salt and pepper to    corn/potato mixture.
4. Cut Breasts of chicken into two pieces..directly down the middle.(2 large chunks, if you will)
5. Place butter in a microwaveable dish and heat....let it cool to room temperature.
6. Take Chicken and place in the melted butter (after the butter has cooled)
7. Place breadcrumbs in a pie dish and bread the chicken
8. Place breaded chicken on top of the corn/potato mixture. 
 9. Season with salt pepper and sprinkle with dried basil.
10. Cover dish with foil.
 11. Bake at 325 for 90 minutes...the last ten minutes take foil off and continue cooking.
** For those of you who have had mine...it might taste a little different because I use Jacque seasoning...this is a family seasoning that is made...I don't even have the recipe to that !**  This version is still very delicious :)

No comments:

Post a Comment