Now that I had my new pieces I was ready for our next meal. Ina Garten, aka Barefoot Contessa, recently made an HERBED EGG dish...it looked amazing!(and she used mini gratin pans) Since I just recieved these I needed to put them to use! Check it out...
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan
- 6 extra-large eggs
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Toasted French bread or brioche, for serving
2.Combine the garlic, thyme, rosemary, parsley, and Parmesan and set aside. Carefully crack 3 eggs into each of 2 small bowls or teacups (you won't be baking them in these) without breaking the yolks. (It's very important to have all the eggs ready to go before you start cooking.)
3.Place 2 individual gratin dishes on a baking sheet. Place 1 tablespoon of cream and 1/2 tablespoon of butter in each dish and place under the broiler for about 3 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
gratin dish and sprinkle evenly with the herb mixture, then sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper. Place back under the broiler for 5 to 6 minutes, until the whites of the eggs are almost cooked. (Rotate the baking sheet once if they aren't cooking evenly.)
5.The eggs will continue to cook after you take them out of the oven. Allow to set for 60 seconds and serve hot with toasted bread.